ECONNREFUSED Error

pgrimespgrimes Member Posts: 3
I'm running Navision 4.0SP3 on Vista Business Operating system. When I try to add my database to the program, I get an error "the TC/IP connection "hosts" is not answering ECONNREFUSED". Any one have an idea why I cannot connet to our server to add the database to my client machine? I have added the 4.0 patch for Vista and it still will not work. :?:

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems that there is some problem with firewall. Try to check if the correct port on the server is opened for TCP connections, and check that you have selected TCP protocol instead TCPS on the client, in the connect dialog, second tab.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • pgrimespgrimes Member Posts: 3
    This error happens when I use the "TCPS". If I try to connect to the server using the TCP I get this error: "The network is not functioning correctly. A 'packet' has been corrupted(a checksum error). This error indicates that the network is not completely reliable"

I have tried using the IP address and the server name to no avail. I found this on another post: I have been able to do the connection. It was a permission (fullcontrol) that needed to be given to the user using the folder where the database is situated. Not sure where to go to add the permission on the server. Any suggestions????
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    did you check this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30742 before?
    Do you make it right, it works too!