Options

Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1 Connector (English)

dileepvarmavdileepvarmav Member Posts: 11
edited 2011-12-06 in Dynamics Mobile
Hi all,

We are developing an AX Mobile application for AX 2009 SP1, using the Dynamics Mobile Framework 1.5. Some where we have read that Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1 Connector supports English only. I would to know what does it really mean. Is it relates to Data or labels. Will it stop us from developing the application for other languages.

"Supports only english" what does it really mean?

Regards
Raju

Comments

• Options
    Peter_ListPeter_List Member Posts: 21
    Hi Raju,

I just means that only English label files are provided by Microsoft (for the Mobile objects in AX).
    You can create your own label files to support any language.

On the mobile side the translated texts are in the UserRole.xml file
    Peter List
    Microsoft Dynamics Mobile Consultant
    http://www.taskletfactory.com
  • Options
    Hi Peter,

Thank you vary much for your valuable reply.

You have mentioned that "On the mobile side the translated texts are in the UserRole.xml file"

We are developing a mobile application which should have multiple language support using dynamics mobile 1.5. How can i change the language from English to Arabic where i require both languages in my application.
    when i searched the net i came to know that by changing the UserRole.xml file, i can change the labels. But how can i have two UserRole.xml files one for Arabic and one for English in the same application.

It will be very helpful for me if you suggest any possible solution.

Thanks and Regards,
    Raju
  • Options
    Hi Raju,

The language typically depends on the user of the device (some use Arabic and others English, right?).

Through the deployment service (the Mobile Server has three services: document, logging and deployment) you can setup two applications (one with an English UserRole.xml and one with an Arabic one). Then you assign the English version to English users and vice versa.

The binaries for the two applications are the same. Only the UserRole.xml and possibly the app.config files are different.
    I hope this helps...
    Peter List
  • Options
    Hi Peter,

Thank you vary much for your prompt reply.

You have mentioned that "Through the deployment service (the Mobile Server has three services: document, logging and deployment) you can setup two applications (one with an English UserRole.xml and one with an Arabic one). Then you assign the English version to English users and vice versa." Do you mean to say that while deploying we need to deploy seperate UserRole.xml files(only one UserRole.xml) , one for English and One for Arabic or we can access seperate UserRole.xml files at run time by deploying two UserRole.xml files(one for english and one for arabic).

My requirement is that when the end user selects English or Arabic while logging into the application the application has to change the language at run time correspondingly.

I have managed to change the labels texts through the resource files by keeping seperate texts for english and arabic. But i am not in a position to change the softkey texts which come from the UserRole.xml file as the actions texts are readonly when accessed through code at runtime.

I think that(if i am wrong please guide me) i have to maintain two seperate UserRole.xml files(such as UserRole_en.xml and UserRole_ar.xml) and i have to deploy both the files to the end user. But how can i access the corresponding UserRole.xml file when the user selects his language in the application.

With Regards
    Raju
  • Options
    Hi Raju,

You are correct about the need for two UserRole.xml files.

The framework has a tasklet that allows you to reload the UserRole.xml at runtime (http://msdn.microsoft.com/da-dk/library ... klet(en-us).aspx). Maybe you can use that to select the correct file at runtime.
    Peter List
  • Options
    Hi Peter,

The URL that you have sent is not working, there might be some text missing in the url. Can you please resend the url

With Regards,
    Raju.
  • Options
    gavindegraw1gavindegraw1 Member Posts: 1
    hey peter thanks for link !