Salesperson dimension obligatory

KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 397
How can I do this? I particulary need it in sales order.
The dimension is already configurated, It works but the system not oblige to put it

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    edited 2009-08-10
    Sorry my mistake

The sales person Dimension is setup under
    Sales & marketing > S&R setup > dimensions > salesperson dimension

I assume all your sales people have a dimension posting value of code 'same' setup against them ?

On your customers card there is a default sales code field that will enter the salesperson on the customer card against the order or other sales document.

The sales document field will remain blank when created unless you enter a salesperson against a customer. This is so that companies that have multiple sales people selling to the same customer do not get wrong commisions etc.

Is this the issue you are having?
  • KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 397
    Sorry is salesperson :(
    Amended my original post. :oops: Check the customer card salesperson codes if you want the salesperson code to default automatically onto a sales document
    jannestig wrote:
    Amended my original post. :oops: Check the customer card salesperson codes if you want the salesperson code to default automatically onto a sales document

Sorry you were rigth (first i wrote vendor instead of salesperson). I edit my post
    So did the amended suggestion fix this for you or show you how the salesperson dimension is defaulted to sales documents.

If so mark as solved.
    edited 2009-08-10
    I can't asign a salesperson to a customer and i don't need it.
    My problem (i think) it's easyer, I need that the user has to put a salesperson in each sales order and the system doesn't accept a registry if that field isn't cover. I think that the easiest mode to do it, it is with dimension like others (product line, department, job, ...).
    I create the dimension in configuration of dimensions, I create the salespersons with each dimension; but the system doesn't oblige me to cover that dimension in sales order
    Ok back to vendor again ?

Well do you want the vendor shown against the Item statistics or the customer statistics

EG if a customer places an order for inventory that is from more then one vendor how will you record this?

You should either setup your Vendor dimension against the Customer and you will only see statistics for all item by that one dimensions

or you should set it up against the items you have then you will see more information about which vendor inventory is being purchased.

Setting up a dimension against a salesperson will not be inserted into the sales document you must do it for customer or inventory
    jannestig wrote:
    Ok back to vendor again ?

Sorry, I made the same mistake again ](*,) , In spanish the word for salesperson is similar to vendor. I'm very sorry
    jannestig wrote:
    Setting up a dimension against a salesperson will not be inserted into the sales document you must do it for customer or inventory

That's a problem; when a registry a order, where does the dimension go to?
    SO we are back to the same point of you wanting to have the salesperson automatically inserted onto sales documents.

Unless your system has been modified

you have to have a salesperson setup on the customer card General tab > salesperson field once the sales person is there any sales documents created with that customer should have the salesperson entered.

Is this happening ?

Which version of nav are you in? there were some bug fixes for salespersons in localized and older servsions of nav?

can you describe more in detail what is happening EG process
    jannestig wrote:
    SO we are back to the same point of you wanting to have the salesperson automatically inserted onto sales documents.
    I don't need that the salesperson will be fill automatically, I need that system requires that. I prefer that user fill the dimension salesperson field
    jannestig wrote:
    Unless your system has been modified

you have to have a salesperson setup on the customer card General tab > salesperson field once the sales person is there any sales documents created with that customer should have the salesperson entered.

Is this happening ?
    I don't have that field in customer card but for the first reason i don't need it
    jannestig wrote:
    Which version of nav are you in? there were some bug fixes for salespersons in localized and older servsions of nav?
    jannestig wrote:
    can you describe more in detail what is happening EG process
    what is EG process?

In resume: I need that the system doesn't allow users to registry sales order if the dimension value salesperson isn't filled.
    First I think it will work like other dimensions like deparment. But with the things you are saying to me, It only will work if i modify codeunit 80 or something like that. I not sure which codeunit modify because 80 is used in invoices too