Cant search for Turkish Characters

MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
Hi All.

We have a 2.6 Native Database with 3.7 executables.
We have expanded into Turkey and following our resellers advice we took our UK Database added a turkish language pack so we are basically using a UK locale Sytem in turkey.
The Turkish users have the option of runing an English language or Turkish language client.

The local turkish character set seems to work fine in terms of entering data but then when searching or filtering records that contain the local characters, Navision gets itself in a muddle.

For example; i can see a company called Siemens. Now the Turkish spelling of that word is slightly different as they have a unique character for the " i ". On Nav is can see the customer record for Siemens (with the turkish i). However if i try to search or filter for that record Nav does not find it. I can physicall see the record so i select it from the customer list and click ok (so to enter the customer number in any of the customer number fields in navision) it does not return the required record.

Is there anyhting i can do or do i have to tell the Turkish company to reinvent thier language to suit navision.

Thanks in advance
Mat

PS. buying a new 'localised' version of Navision is not a realistic.
M@
I have seen the future and it's egg shaped.

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Most people recommend looking at the FIN.stx file if you open this file can you see the turkish characters .

Also are they accessing the NAV on a local turkish server or are they using citrix etc?
  • MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
    Hi. A new STX file was supplied by the reseller. The Turkish users log on to a locat Turkish server. The use a full nav 3.7 client. No citrix connections on the tk site
    M@
    I have seen the future and it's egg shaped.