NAV 5.1 vs NAV 5.0 SP1

anil_mujagicanil_mujagic Member Posts: 91
Hi,

Is NAV 5.1 actually NAV 5.0 SP1, or I am missing something?

Thanks!

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes it is the same thing. It shorter then saying Sp1 all the time. blame peoples laziness
  • anil_mujagicanil_mujagic Member Posts: 91
    jannestig wrote:
    Yes it is the same thing. It shorter then saying Sp1 all the time. blame peoples laziness
    Sorry to ask you but are you absolutely sure that the laziness is the only reason? :?
    I'm asking that because I found those two versions on PartnerSource, and there are no 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 versions for NAV 4.0 SP1, 4.0 SP2 and 4.0 SP3 respectively. :-k

Here's the link: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... treleases/
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    4.1,2,3 are all SP service pack releases.

Nav 5.0 came out them NAV 5.0 sp1 or nav 5.1

If you looked under the versions option on the link when selecting nav as the product you would see MS calls them 5.00 and 5.10

so yes i am certain. ](*,)
    jannestig wrote:
    4.1,2,3 are all SP service pack releases.

Nav 5.0 came out them NAV 5.0 sp1 or nav 5.1

If you looked under the versions option on the link when selecting nav as the product you would see MS calls them 5.00 and 5.10

so yes i am certain. ](*,)
    Yes, I saw 5.00 and 5.10 versions in the Version combo box, but I was confused because there were not 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 versions. So I started to doubt that there is something... However, things are clear now. Thanks for your fast answer! :thumbsup:
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Well, although 5.1 now refers to 5.0 SP1, there was a period of time when NAV 2009 was supposed to be called NAV 5.1 (and NAV 6.0 for that matter). But generally, yes, 5.1 refers to 5.0 SP1.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Sorry but I am not convinced.

5.00 was the original name for the RTC version of Navision. When it was delayed, they decided to release 5.00 as what really should have been 4.00sp4, except that since there were new tables and stuff it was not really a service pack, and also it would have substantially extended the support period on 4.xx and also made a huge gap between versions. So they renamed the RTC version to 5.10. This then became NAV 2009.

So 5.10 is a product like Navision version 1.4 that was announced but never released. 5.00SP1 is a real product.

I completely avoid using incorrect versions because sometimes the version number is important and it causes a lot of confusion.

So 5.00sp1.
    David Singleton
    Sorry but I am not convinced.

5.00 was the original name for the RTC version of Navision. When it was delayed, they decided to release 5.00 as what really should have been 4.00sp4, except that since there were new tables and stuff it was not really a service pack, and also it would have substantially extended the support period on 4.xx and also made a huge gap between versions. So they renamed the RTC version to 5.10. This then became NAV 2009.

So 5.10 is a product like Navision version 1.4 that was announced but never released. 5.00SP1 is a real product.

I completely avoid using incorrect versions because sometimes the version number is important and it causes a lot of confusion.

So 5.00sp1.
    Luckily we decided to use version 5.00 SP1 in proposal to our customer, because I couldn't get rid of doubt that 5.1 stands for something else. Now it now it turns out that the doubt was reasonable.

Thank you!