Apply template

wolftechwolftech Member Posts: 54
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum as well as Navision, Hope you all would help me , & if anyone requires help I will be glad to help.

I have couple of queries

a) What is the use of Apply Template in COA Master

b) Relational Currency code.

c) Exact Cost Reversing Mandatory in Sale/Purchase Setup.

d) What is the Basic Behind selecting Document type as quote, Blanket order, order, Return order in Copy Document function in Sales Return order

I have studied help, But I couldnt understand, so require your assistance.
Thanks

Madhu

--He Who Ask question is a fool for 5 Minutes , he who does not ask remains fool forever--

Answers

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I do not have 1 and 2 in my COA.

3. If set when you process any return you have to define the outbound transaction in the applies-to to ensure the cost of the return item matches the invoiced amount.

4. Depending upon the selection the "document no." field is filtered. So choose order and it shows you orders, choose credit memo and the list is only credit memos.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Hej

A) Template is used as part of the rim toolkit and is used to apply template of GL card types EG predefined setup setting for a GL card.

b) Is quite simple in the exchange rates table Relation currency is the exchange rate of currency X to Currency Y

Hoped it helped
  • wolftechwolftech Member Posts: 54
    Thanks Adam

Thanks Jannestig,

Can you be bit more specific on the reletional currency Code, I dont understand.
    Thanks

Madhu

--He Who Ask question is a fool for 5 Minutes , he who does not ask remains fool forever--
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Your base currency is GBP

You need to define the currency rate in relation to other currencies, lets say USD.

Here USD will be the relational currency so the system knows $1.5 = £1 and so on.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen