Sales Quote in Local Currency for an Item with Price in EUR

niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
Hello Experts
Please can some help me make a Sales Quote in Local Currency for an Item with Price in EUR.
When I tried using the "Get Price..." function this was the error message I got.
"The currency Code in the Sales Line must be the same as in the Sales Price"
Thanks

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    If you have currency code X as LCY and you have your quote set to use EUR prices then go to your foregin currency tab and set the FCY to EUR. This will enter a currency code of EUR on the sales line and convert the sales price to EUR.

You can then use the get sales line price function without issues.

Your LCY costs will still be shown in your home currency as well as EUR price
  • niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
    Hello,

When the Sales Price is in LCY and the Sale Quote is in FCY, it works perfectly but the reverse is not working it gives me the error message described above.

Thanks
    Lets take an example

Your item is say 100SEK (SEK = your LCY)

I open a quote for a customer who has EUR as their LCY shown on currency tab.

I enter a sales line it has a currency code of EUR derived from the header. The i get sales price where the sales price line currency code is SEK or LCY works without a problem as you say

now you have your scenario of header having being LCY and and Sales price line being EUR and you get your error.

So go to your header and make the foregin currency EUR and then it will work.

IS there a reason you will not do this as if you are offering a sales price in EUR your quote should be in EUR as well ?
    Thanks

The reason is simple, the customer wants the Sales Quote in the LCY at the prevailing exchange rate even though the prices of the items are in EUR.

I hope u understand my scenario.
    well in this case if you want to do it once off and not to do modifications to the code.

You could just enter the the euro price then look at the statistics or outstanding amount for the LCY price which will be based on your latest exchange rate settings. and then remove EUR from header and enter the calculated LCY cost/price.

If the quote is to be in LCY then there is no need for the FCY
    Thank u very much