FORM-Analysis by Dimension-How to add filter?

BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
Hi all! I need to add Item filters in Analysis by Dimension form. So if you have such an experience please share the key cases with me :)

Thanks a lot
MCSD
Attain Navision

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    If you are using Inventory > Analysis > Analysis by reporting There is already an item filter there.

However you can only enter filters based on the inventry code EG only vendors a..R or 1001..2000

What is the particular facts of your inventory that you wish to report on?

You can either create x amount of dimensions and assign them to your items to be used for inventory reporting

or you can look at using Inventory > Analysis > Analysis report instead where you can insert much more specific criteria for your reporting assuming you have an inventory dimension setup Inventory > inventory setup > dimensions tab.

Have a look at this area first
  • BeckaBecka Member Posts: 178
    I mean Form: 7158 - Sales Analysis by Dimensions.
    On the Filters tab we have Item No filter, and I want to add more filters for Items( for example: Item Category Code, Unit Price and s.o.)
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

This form is based on the data in the Item Analysis View Entry table which does not have the fields. You could modify the Item Analysis Management codeunit but it would be tricky. Another way is to add the field to the Item Analysis View Entry and change the Update Item Analysis View codeunit to populate the fields
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    Thanks Dave.. I was thinking of it too. But I wonder why it's not possible without additional development..
    MCSD
    Attain Navision
  • AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    Before anyone wastes too much time trying this I have actually looked at this before. To create additional filters you do need to add these to the Item Analysis View Entry, however (And here is the warning!) because the analysis view value is in effect using flowfields on this table and any new fields you and need to be flowfilters then they also need to be included in the key for the table.

The key on this table is already at the Maximum number of characters that is allowable in a NAV key so no new fields can be added. This is why the Item analysis view only support three dimensions rather than the four supported on every other view. You could, of course, sacrifice a field that already exists.
    I'll try to work it out.... I mean my client needs more filters on it. Is there any other Form/Report that I can gather same info, with good filter options.. ](*,)
    MCSD
    Attain Navision