Stock Revaluation

teaboyteaboy Member Posts: 8
I would like to know if you have heard of any other way to revalue stock received not invoiced other than an item journal (which is hit and miss at the moment) or changing the price on the PO. :-k

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    teaboy wrote:
    I would like to know if you have heard of any other way to revalue stock received not invoiced other than an item journal (which is hit and miss at the moment) or changing the price on the PO. :-k

How can you revalue if you don't even have the cost yet? ](*,)
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    May be he is talking about Expected Cost
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • matpodmatpod Member Posts: 16
    If you have a large quantity of consignment stock, (stock you do not pay for until it is sold) then you should reflect the value of this in the balance sheet (even if it is an expected cost) as you have a liability for the stock.

A commodity item which fluctuates in value would then need to be revalued either monthly or annually.

Perhaps this is his circumstance??
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Inventory value is a reflection of what it cost to acquire the inventory, not what it would cost it would cost to acquire today.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    teaboy wrote:

NO but yes price can be changed.
    Kapil Khanna
  • teaboyteaboy Member Posts: 8
    The cost is taken from the PO and you are unable to use the stock revaluation journal until you have posted the invoice.We have decided to change the cost on the PO to bring the revaluation of the item which has a costing method of average into the unit cost range required. Honestly some people