NAV (2009 or 5.0) CRM Vs MS CRM

pranavdeolekarpranavdeolekar Member Posts: 14
Hi,

I have one query about the difference between NAV (2009 or 5.0) CRM and MS CRM ? :?: Can anyone please explain about the difference in terms of Functionality ? how different NAV CRM from MS CRM?

I have gone through the search here. But didnt got the ans I am looking for. If anyone have document for the same, I would request to share. Please reply.

Regards,
Pranav Deolekar

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi,

I have one query about the difference between NAV (2009 or 5.0) CRM and MS CRM ? :?: Can anyone please explain about the difference in terms of Functionality ? how different NAV CRM from MS CRM?

I have gone through the search here. But didnt got the ans I am looking for. If anyone have document for the same, I would request to share. Please reply.

Regards,
    Pranav Deolekar

In simple terms Navision is an ERP system with some CRM functionality. CRM is a full CRM system.

Do you need ERP or CRM?
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• pranavdeolekarpranavdeolekar Member Posts: 14
    In simple terms Navision is an ERP system with some CRM functionality. CRM is a full CRM system. Do you need ERP or CRM?

Thanks for the reply. :) I fully understand that fact. :idea:

But, I wanted to understand functional difference between NAV CRM and MS CRM specificly. #-o

If any one has specific idea about the difference between two, please reply.

Regards,
    Pranav
  • mgmuthamgmutha Member Posts: 55
    Hi Pranav/All,

Have you got the answer to your query. Because I am also trying to search for the same in terms of functionality wise difference betn CRM and NAV CRM. Unfortunately, i didnt.

If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks
    Manish Mutha
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    mgmutha wrote:
    Hi Pranav/All,

Have you got the answer to your query. Because I am also trying to search for the same in terms of functionality wise difference betn CRM and NAV CRM. Unfortunately, i didnt.

If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks

How about I do the opposite, let me give you a list of all the things that NAV CRM and MS CRM have in common.

1/ The Name.
    David Singleton
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    If you have access to partnersource or customersource, download the training materials and compare.
    Plus there are books (for purchase) available or Microsoft CRM.

Then take a look at the features you need and see if you can handle them in NAV without too much customization.
    Research if your missing desired features are in MS CRM.

The functionality you need should drive the decision (plus the ROI).
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The functionality is simliar, but the execution of it is different.