How to enter Nonstock Item?

schoolkidschoolkid Member Posts: 103
Dear All

I've created a Nonstock items thru Nonstock Item card with all required information. I am not able to enter that item in the Purchase Order and also the Item is not showing in the Item list.

Please help

Thanks!

Comments

• ahaaseahaase Member Posts: 1
    Hi Kid,

you have to create the item first from the Non-stock item card - Function - Create Item, then you can use this newly created item anywhere in NAV.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    ahaase wrote:
    Hi Kid,

you have to create the item first from the Non-stock item card - Function - Create Item, then you can use this newly created item anywhere in NAV.

Thus making it not a non-stocked item :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    The term "non-stock item" may mean an item for which you do not keep track of the on-hand quantity nor have value in the G/L for inventory.

But in Navision, it means (from help): The Nonstock Item table contains information about items that your company sells but does not carry in inventory.

If it is the former that you want, I suggest using resources. Out of the box, you can sell resources. It requires modification to enable purchasing of resources. If you have a developer license, you can do this using the information from this how-to viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26528
  • schoolkidschoolkid Member Posts: 103
    Thanks you very much for your suggestions!