Dynamics CRM 4.0 or Dyanmics Nav 2009.

zulqzulq Member Posts: 204
Is there a CRM version integrated into Nav 2009 if so what's the module name? We want a CRM but not sure what exactly to use. Please advice on this if you have any info/details.

Thanks.
Few years ago we were not existing and few years to come we would be in the grave! So what will benefit us in the grave?

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There is an addon from scribesoft that integrates NAV and CRM.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • zulqzulq Member Posts: 204
    So you mean Nav 2009 have no CRM at all and only CRM 4.0 is available? Please rectify me if am wrong.

Thanks.
    Few years ago we were not existing and few years to come we would be in the grave! So what will benefit us in the grave?
    Nav 2099 does have a CRM and it hasn't changed that much from 5.0
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Sorry but is that the Sales and Marketing module you refering to? How would you rate the Nav 2009 CRM vs. Dynamics CRM 4.0 then?

Thanks for your patience.
    It all depends on what you are looking for. So what are your requirements?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

Our marketing department wants CRM. Our knowledge on CRM 4.0 and Nav CRM is both little. Thus I just want to know what we might be missing if decided to go with the Nav CRM. They would like to manage customer requests I think not sure though.
    But as I said what are the disadvantages of going with Nav CRM over Dynamics CRM 4.0?

Thanks.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    zulq wrote:
    Our marketing department wants CRM. Our knowledge on CRM 4.0 and Nav CRM is both little. Thus I just want to know what we might be missing if decided to go with the Nav CRM. They would like to manage customer requests I think not sure though.
    But as I said what are the disadvantages of going with Nav CRM over Dynamics CRM 4.0?

Thanks.

Zulq,

Fundamentally the biggest issue will be online vs off line. To understand how this will affect your business you need a thorough understanding of what your users do and how they need to work.

In reality though the way a CRM system works and the way an ERP system works is totally different. Many companies in the end realize that they actually need both.
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Your NAV CRM will handle contacts, campaigns, etc. For a decent overview just go to the help within NAV and click Relationship Management.

CRM 4.0 will obviously be a more robust product. It can handle everything that NAV does. It really does depend on your requirements, though. I'd suggest contacting your Microsoft Partner and scheduling a demo of both.
    matttrax wrote:
    [CRM 4.0] ... can handle everything that NAV does.

:shock:

so does that mean we don't need Navision any more? Or did I missunderstand? [-o<
    David Singleton
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I think he means as far as Relationship management goes
    Savatage wrote:
    I think he means as far as Relationship management goes

I hope so, and it needs clarification. CRM has Accounting, sales, purchase, inventory, service etc. But by no means do they replace Navision's ERP functionality.
    David Singleton
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    You mean other areas like Manufacturing, warehouse management, HR, and Jobs?

Or are you also referring to specific functionality within the mentioned areas?