difffernce between Unaapply void check, Vodi check

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi,
.what is the difffernce between Unaapply void check, Vodi check In check ledger entry.
For me the both options are working same,

That means when I select Unaapply void check, it is reversing the Vendor ledger entries, Bank ledger entries.

That means when I select y void check, it is also reversing the Vendor ledger entries, Bank ledger entries.

F 1 Says

Unapply and void check : The payment will be unapplied so that the vendor ledger entry for the invoice will be open, and the payment will be reversed by the voided check.
Void check only : The vendor ledger entry will still be closed by the payment entry, and the voided check entry will be open.

But wheni press the Void c heck only it automatically reversing that Bankl Ledger entries, Check Ledger entries.

Then what is the difference between these two.

Could u share your experience.
lally

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Void check specifies that only and only check was wrong it gives u option of creating a new check.
    Kapil Khanna
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thanks Kapil,

I am working on Nav 2009.

I created one purchase invoice 10000/- on 02/05/09.

I done that payment trough the Bank on 05/05/09.

While I am paying that amount , I selected that Bank Payment type = compauter check.

So automatically Vedndor ledger entries, Bank ledger entries happened, check ledger entries happened.

Now Vendor balance = 0 , bank Balalnce amount incressed.
    Now I wnt void that check so I go got ceck ledger entries , selected that check then I selected unapply and check , then system automatically unapplied vendor ledger entries , Bank ledger entries.
    So this is correct.

But the thing is I selected Void check also then it is also doing same process what I explained above.

So I am not able to understand the difference.

Please pass some entries and test that scenario.
    lally
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Hi, experts,

Could you share your suggestions on this …………………..
    lally