Export reports to excel in Nav 5.0 as is done for for forms?

Sophia_SinghSophia_Singh Member Posts: 42
Hi!!!!!!!
Any one pls tell me how to export reports and tables to excel and word as is done for forms in Navison 5.0. I am unable to do it?????

regards,
Sophia

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Do you mean using the style sheets ?

Are you just trying to use the excel and word buttons and they are not working or are you trying something else?
  • Sophia_SinghSophia_Singh Member Posts: 42
    I tried both ways............usinf icons as there in Nav 5.0 and also tried to create style sheet..I have no idea how to work out for reports..............
    If you mean actual nav reports EG Sales invoice or Analysis reports you will have to look at the excel buffer table to export these otherwise you can not send reports to excel or Word by standard.

Stylesheets are templates in themselves which can act as reports if you want to make them operate as such.

You can export a table list to excel.

What is the actual error message you are getting.
  • Sophia_SinghSophia_Singh Member Posts: 42
    Suppose I want to send report to excel through export to excel functionality in Nav 5.0...........How to do it....e.g. Customer top 10 report....pls tell the steps........
    Since this is more a technical question i will do a Garak and proivde you with the mibuso search string, These will help you more from a technical point of view then i can

search.php?keywords=export+report+to+excel&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search+the+forum
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi!!!!!!!
    Any one pls tell me how to export reports and tables to excel and word as is done for forms in Navison 5.0. I am unable to do it?????

regards,
    Sophia

This can't be done, and most likely wont ever be possible. If you look at the tables, you can see options that look as though it was planned, but with the move to SSRS there really is no need in the future.
    David Singleton