problem renaming company

bethhaganbethhagan Member Posts: 2
I am using Nav2009. I have backed up and restored my production database over on to my developement sql server. Now I want to rename the company. When I try to do this, I get the error message:
..Sql error occurred when accessing the Prod. Order Component table:

15336,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Object "NavDev"."dbo"."Strategic Products and Service"$Prod_order Component" cannot be renamed because the object participates in enforced dependencies.

NavDev is the database name
Strategic Products and Service is the company name I am try to change.

Any idea of how to get by this error?

Comments

• ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    Do you have some SQL View over this table with a reference to this company?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]

Or maybe you have this toggle: File=>Database=>Alter=>Tab integration=>"Maintain Relationships" and "Maintain defaults". Try to put them both on false on your Develop DB and try to rename.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
    Hi..we get the same error when renaming.
    Or maybe you have this toggle: File=>Database=>Alter=>Tab integration=>"Maintain Relationships" and "Maintain defaults". Try to put them both on false on your Develop DB and try to rename.
    Tried this and does not work also.
    I also tried to set SINGLE USER mode.
    We could not have custom VIEW in SQL database ?

Error message:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The following SQL Server error(s) occurred while accessing the Item Special Groups table:

15248,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Either the parameter @objname is ambiguous or the claimed @objtype (OBJECT) is wrong.

SQL:
    {CALL [sp_rename](?, ?, ?)}

OK
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm running into the same issue on a site.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
    Nope. Un-resolved.
    The main cause could be sql views that we maintained using sql server administration.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Yes, that could definitely be your issue. A little detail left out above. Have you tried dropping the views then renaming? I have a number of databases like this (to support linked tables) and this is what I must do to rename.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.