User Synchronization issue in NAV 5.0 SP1

VikramAcharyaVikramAcharya Member Posts: 5
Hi All,

One of our customer is on the verge of getting upgraded from Navision 3.7 to NAV 5.0 SP1. So, they are doing User Acceptance Testing concurrently in both 3.7 and 5.0 versions. The server setup is something like this:

SQL Srvr : SQL Server 2000

Our customer has used the new Virtualization concept of Win Server 2008 to create 3 virtual servers, all with different versions of SQL Server installed for various purposes.

Issue is that, sometimes when a user logs in to NAV 5.0, even though he has the permission to read all tables, he gets the error that:

"You do not have permission to read the Object Table" OR "You do not have permission to read xxxxxx table".
"Contact your system manager if you need to have your permissions changed"

If we log in as super user and do a SYNCHRONIZE SINGLE LOGIN for that user then the issue is resolved. But after two or three logins, the problem resurfaces. We're clueless about how to solve this issue.

Any help from guys is very appreciated.

Regards,
Vicky

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I would consider making two changes:

1. Upgrade SQL to SQL 2005 or higher. I don't believe Microsoft tested 5.0 SP1 with SQL 2000. Their policy is to only test with versiosn that are in mainstream support. As a result you are in an unsupported environment.

2. Switch to standard security mode. This eliminates the whole user sync problem.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    As far as I understand security for some system (object, member of, etc)tables have changed between 3.7 and 4.0. We had to change the role "all" a few times after technical upgrades in customer environments.
    Thomas
  • VikramAcharyaVikramAcharya Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

The issue was solved once we changed the security mode from ENHANCED to STANDARD.

Regards,
    Vicky