Allow Online Adjustment

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi ,,

what is the Use of the Allow Online Adjustment Filed In Item Card?

Can u throw some useful information on this.
lally

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    set the focus on these field and press then F1. Read the online help, and also read the manuals for Costing Method and for the Adjustment.

You can find these manuals on partnersource if you are a partner. If you are a customer, ask your partner for these documents.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    lally wrote:
    what is the Use of the Allow Online Adjustment Filed In Item Card? Can u throw some useful information on this.

Hi lally,

Is this an inspired question from some post if yes, then it is very bad, follow what garak said.
    Kapil Khanna
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323

Is this an inspired question from some post if yes, then it is very bad, .

Dont think wrongly .

follow what garak said.

i am working Nav 2009 . when i press F1 to know about that field :

the message says :
    Item Card Window
    You use the Item Card window to enter basic information about an item in your inventory, such as item number, description, unit of measure, as well as invoicing, ordering and reporting information. There is one card for each item. Each card contains several tabs with different types of information about the item.

Before you reply please check your self , is there any help available or not . with out that dont throw the suggestions like this.
    lally
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    garak wrote:
    set the focus on these field and press then F1. Read the online help, and also read the manuals for Costing Method and for the Adjustment.

You can find these manuals on partnersource if you are a partner. If you are a customer, ask your partner for these documents.

Rene , i observed onething about u .

I think that you are good at Technical point of view .

when it comes to Functional point of View you know what you have .

Before u post this answer did u check is there any help availble for that Field.( i am working on NAV 2009)

I gone through all manuals , i could not find the use of the filed.

So Dont throw this type of suggestions.
    lally
    This works somewhat same as Cost is Adjusted, this is true by the time there is no entry posted for the item, It is used primarily for Calculating average cost of item.
    Kapil Khanna
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    This field is used in conjunction with Item Setup "Automatic Cost Adjustment" to determine if to run the adjust for an item during posting.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Yeah u r right, please correct me if i am wrong here. <Edit>

An example: Set in Inventory Posting Setup Automatic Cost Adjustment as never and Purchase the item keep on purchasing it including Item Charges this is will stay false.

Now run the adjust cost entries it will set as true. Next transaction false again and so on ....

But once u change it to never from month, day or any other option then "Never" it will start behaving same as earlier. Means false after every transaction until and unless Adjust Cost is run manually.

Same for all options if selected month and two entries posted in two months after first entry and adjust cost run it will be true and ready for any changes in cost and for the first entry in next month it will be false by the time Adjust cost run is not run

This is for checking period if next entry falls in period selected then true else false. In case of FIFO or LIFO it will be true after cost adjustment and if selected option is month then after posting entry for same item it will again set to false until and unless Adjust cost is run.

Everytime i read my submitted message i am editing it :mrgreen:
    Kapil Khanna