Database in the SQL Server

njaikunjaiku Member Posts: 116
Hi,

Two database A and B resides in the SQL Server 2005.
A is the database which holds the Dot Net application data and B is the database which holds the Navision database data.

Now the requirement is
a) I have to get the data from A database and needs to be reflected in the B database
ie) Suppose a new user is created in the A database that needs to be inserted in the B database
ie) If any modification done in the A database that needs to be reflected in the B database(Navision database)

b) As any records inserted in the B database that needs to be reflected in the A database.

Data has to be shifted from one database to nav database through batch process. Is it possible?

Looking forward for your valuable response.
Jai

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Yes all this is possible, except "I have to get the data from A database and needs to be reflected in the B database"

I understand 'Getting' the data as reading, so if you need to insert into database B everything what was *read* from database A then you need to upgrade to SQL2008, which allows you to audit database reads. Technically it is possible but only in SQL2008. Another matter is if this makes sense, and/or if I understood correctly your requirements.

Anyway - you will need to hire SQL *expert* do achieve this or read tons on documentation.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi Jai,

This can be acheived and we have done in the past couple of times. You can use a SSIS Package or cutom build an application which will perform this operation for you.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    njaiku wrote:
    Hi,

Two database A and B resides in the SQL Server 2005.
    A is the database which holds the Dot Net application data and B is the database which holds the Navision database data.

Now the requirement is
    a) I have to get the data from A database and needs to be reflected in the B database
    ie) Suppose a new user is created in the A database that needs to be inserted in the B database
    ie) If any modification done in the A database that needs to be reflected in the B database(Navision database)

b) As any records inserted in the B database that needs to be reflected in the A database.

Data has to be shifted from one database to nav database through batch process. Is it possible?

Looking forward for your valuable response.

To answer your question:

YES.

If you have more questions, please ask away.
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Open the SQL Server book and go to the chapter for replication or SSIS packages (if you want also some modifications).
    Don't forgett in both cases, that NAV doesn't allow NULL values.

Do you has some more questions?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    Alain, Luc,

Watch out for spammers like this. Some are hard to spot.

This guy has a lot of spam out there.
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    How do you know that? He has only 1 post. (And I am tracking each single post from him anyway [and from some others]).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

kriki wrote:
    How do you know that? He has only 1 post. (And I am tracking each single post from him anyway [and from some others]).

Because he is posting on many forums on the internet. basically he posts a one line generic reply. Then comes bac a month later and changes his signature to spam. Hoping at that point that he is under the radar.

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=%22Thanks+for+taking+the+time+to+help%2C+I+really+apprciate+it%22&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
    David Singleton