Multiple contacts per vendor?

snehasneha Member Posts: 191
Hi,

Can we create multiple contacts per vendor? I have an idea on how to create one contact per vendor and link it to existing vendor.

Answers

• ajaykt_2000ajaykt_2000 Member Posts: 81
    yes
    we create multiple contacts per vendor and attach .

Create a contact and press contact tab and define custome/vendor/bank.
    ajay k tripathi
    Functional Consultants
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    sneha wrote:
    Hi,

Can we create multiple contacts per vendor?

Do u want to assign multiple contacts In vendor card ?

If yes , then u need to do customization to get what you are asking.
    lally
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    With standard NAV, you have one company type contact for the Vendor, and this can have an unlimited number of related contacts. It is already possible to define multiple contacts for Vendors.
  • pranavdeolekarpranavdeolekar Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

When i m trying to link one contact to existing vendor who already have attached with the contact, it is giving me error attached here with.

For this case, I am using standard NAV Cronus India Database. where i have Vedor name Delhi post master. Vendor No. 10000 and contact no. CT000066. now I m trying to link that with another contact No. 20000 from contact card, I m getting the error attached here with.

I think we can not attach more than one contact to a perticular vendor.

Please explain if it is possible.

Regards,
    Pranav
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    There can only be one Contact of type Company linked to a Vendor, Customer or Bank Account. You can have multiple Contacts of type Person linked to your Contact of type Company. So you can store multiple contacts to one Vendor, but only one can be of type Company. All the others are of type Person.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Yes that is correct - the idea is the contact is unique to the vendor, therefore Joe Bloggs works for vendor 10000, you can find his contact details against the vendor - it would not (in most cases) be practical, that he also works for vendor 20000, even if he did he would (possibly) a different address and phone number, so the original record becomes redundant - you will need to create this again. Can you explain who your CT000066 is?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • pranavdeolekarpranavdeolekar Member Posts: 14
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Can you explain who your CT000066 is?

Yes, sure.... it is the contact no. series on the contact card.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    AdamRoue wrote:

That is not a "who" - I obviously know it is a number series :D - I mean can you explain why the same person works at different vendors?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    AdamRoue wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:

That is not a "who" - I obviously know it is a number series :D - I mean can you explain why the same person works at different vendors?
    Vendor 1 is a daughter company of Vendor 2?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    There is no way to store a relation between different companies in NAV. You can only add people to companies (in the contact card).
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    In the customer card, there's a field called Chain Name. You can use this to group sister companies together.
    If you add a TableRelation to this field, and enlarge it to 20 characters that is.
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    daughter company of Vendor 2
    :?:
    Kapil Khanna
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    I currently have a request too from one of our customers that they need a m:n relationship for contacts and business relations (one contact can work for multiple vendors in addition to the standard situation that one vendor has several contacts working for him). Has anyone done such a customization before (without rewriting most of the marketing module and the Outlook synchronization :wink:)?
    Kai Kowalewski