Environment:
SQL : SQL 2000
Navsion : Nav 4.0 SP2

Situation:

I am facing a very wierd situation. I have created XMLPorts to import
a. Purchase Order
b. Purchase Receipt
c. Purchase Invoice

These XMLPorts are used within code units and inturn consumed using Job Scheduler to automate the data flow between Navision & a third party web application. Everything was spic and smooth till last week :(

Come this monday, when the client (We were actually going LIVE) started using it a very strange error messages started to pop up.

Case (1)

The error message is given below :

The operating system returned error(6):
Handle is invalid.

Case (2)

The error message is sometimes like this
The XML Parser returned the following fatal error: The document must contain a root node Line 1 Coloumn 0.

NB : Please note that the XML documents contains data, and it works perfectly in my local environment which is Nav 4.0 SP3

The most wierd part is that, this was a 100% working piece of functionality, and all of a sudden it crashed.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Thanks & Best Regards
Balaji
--
Thanks & Best Regards

Sankaran Balasubramonian

Comments

• pduckpduck Member Posts: 147
    Maybe a wrong encoding ?
  • Hi,

I am not sure. But the most bizzare thing is that, I have a local machine (Out of the client domain) which runs on Nav 4.0 SP3 (India Version; The client is in Netherlands) where the same file processes smoothly without hassle.

I somehow suspect a windows corruption or an Application (Nav) client issue.Thoughts are welcome

Thanks
    Balaji
    --
    Thanks & Best Regards

Sankaran Balasubramonian
  • NASiNASi Member Posts: 48
    Hi,

I am not sure. But the most bizzare thing is that, I have a local machine (Out of the client domain) which runs on Nav 4.0 SP3 (India Version; The client is in Netherlands) where the same file processes smoothly without hassle.

I somehow suspect a windows corruption or an Application (Nav) client issue.Thoughts are welcome

Thanks
    Balaji

Hi, do you find something about this issue?. I have a process with NAS, importing and exporting XML files, working correctly, but 2 days ago it crashed with an error like you exposed months ago (XML Parser ...).
    Any idea?
    Thanks a lot.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Is the file really a valid file? Is it locked by another process (maybe not ready for processing by nas yet, sometimes called "race condition")?
    Thomas
    Well, this is I'm looking for. If the file is a corrupted file o maybe is locked by another process, that's odd, because is a process working fine since months ago.
    Thanks a lot.
    The file was locked by NAS. I killed de session from user NAS and restarted NAS.
    Now is working fine.
    It seems that NAS had some problem with the file (both were hanged up).
    Black hole.

Thanks to all.
    Thanks a lot.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Do you start the xmlPorts from within a NAS-timer automation? If yes, you can try to skip or free the locked files in the error handler of the timer automation objects.
    Thomas