Problems with Matriks Doc in NAV5.00 SP1

dabba23dabba23 Member Posts: 77
Hi,

Have any of you used Matriks to create multiple printouts of Word from Navision.
One of my customers have a solution like that in NAV370(360) and it works fine there.
After a runtime upgrade to NAV500 SP1 it suddenly doesn't work anymore.
Reason for this is a mix of network traffic and multiple documents open at the same time.
Some users who are sitting "close" to the server does not always experience the problem, while other users sitting in the other end of the city cannot print at all.

So what really happens is that Word doesn't get a chance to finish (populating a template with data from Navision) before it has to open another Word instance and then we get the problem.

I have tried various SLEEP but with no luck.

Has anyone experience similar problems and how did you deal with it?

Kind regards
Ann

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    dabba23 wrote:
    Has anyone experience similar problems and how did you deal with it?
    Why don't you contact the vendor of this add-on?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • dabba23dabba23 Member Posts: 77
    I would :) but they don't support multiple printouts.
    Matriks Doc was puchased 3 years ago for my customer where the point was to make use of existing code and expand it by allowing multiple prints at the same time.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If they don't support multiple printouts, then I think it's clear what you have to say to your customer.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)