different Shipment No. Series

ceccomilceccomil Member Posts: 25
Hi all..
Here is my question:

I'd like to link different "operation Type" to different "Sales Shipment No. Series" so when an invoice will be posted it would have been created a new shipment with no. serie choosed by the operation type of the invoice. is that possible??
E.g.
My O.P. are:
"PT_VEN_ITA"
"PT_COR_ITA"
Actually BOTH will generate shipment with "SP09-000..." I'd like to have SPV09-000... for the first and SPC09-000... for the second.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Cecco

Comments

• jay_sadhujay_sadhu Member Posts: 15
    You have to write code in GETPOSTINGNOSERIESCODE funtion and Location Code OnValidate of Sales Header table.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You just needs to fill the field "Shipping No. Series" on the Sales Header correctly based on your conditions. This No. Serieswill be than used during posting. Check the Tab 36 code for points where this fields is filled in.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    using a sales order as an example you can add the "shipping No series field" to the shipping tab to see which no. series you are currently using. You can then setup No Series relationships which allows you to use more then one "no series" for a particluar document or journal.

I setup up a relationship to the default shipping no series then went back to the sales order and now i have the option of choosing from 2 No series.

I believe you will have to add code to make the correct no series appear based on your operation series you will probably have to setup another Posted shippment no series as well.
  • ceccomilceccomil Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for your help here what I did:

1) I created a new No. Series call "SP_COR"
    2) I made a relationship between my first No. Serie and the newone just created
    3) I edited Page 43 just for adding "Shipment No. Series" field

right now the user can decide which No. Series it's appropriate for the selected operation type (it's quite a goal!).
    But... if I want to edit some code to automatically perform the choice, where it would been added?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    On the table 36, search for the field assignements, and all these points must select correct series based on your condition (Customer No. OnValidate, some functions...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.