Automatic Reservation in Sales Order

niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
Hello Expert

When I do a firm Planned Production order,
with Source Type = Sales Header.
and i refresh to get the lines, the item is automatically reserved in the sales order.
can someone help me to deactivate this setup.

Thanks

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I am afraid to say u cannot. Even if u select "Reserve" as never on item card it will reserve but u can go to Line -> Reservation and cancel them manually. As u have selected Sales Header so system, to establish a relationship b/w document ,does this.

This is binding in NAV and system does it by default.
    Kapil Khanna
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    why do you want to disable this?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • dianepiper12dianepiper12 Member Posts: 3
    I think it is the planning parameter you have set up on the Item Card. If it is "order" you will automatically have a reservation for each item on the Sales Line that has that parameter. If it is Lot-for Lot, it will not automatically reserve the item.
  • niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
    Thanks
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Not sure the parameter matters when the source is sales header - where you have a direct link created between sales and production the system would naturally set the reservation as the two transactions are related.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I think it is the planning parameter you have set up on the Item Card. If it is "order" you will automatically have a reservation for each item on the Sales Line that has that parameter. If it is Lot-for Lot, it will not automatically reserve the item.

Whatever the parameters are it will. If u click on line reservations u will notice one field by name Binding and it's value would be order by order. If u fill in S.O. on production order.
    Kapil Khanna