Options

Webservice ReadMultiple - case sensitive?

cfletchercfletcher Member Posts: 4
edited 2009-07-30 in NAV Three Tier
I'm using the Navision webservices in a VS2008 solution, using the webservices ReadMultiple to fuel a search in our application.
However using an array of filters I've discovered that the filter is case sensitive and I cant find a way to alter this, has anyone got an suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks
Chris

Answers

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Have you tried using a collation that is not case sensitive?
  • Options
    On the underlying column? Is that a change we'd have to make directly in the SQL database or is that an option we can change through the Nav Classic frontend?
    Changing the underlying collation sounds like quite a drastic change to make.
  • Options
    No I mean the database collation. You can change that through File, Database, Alter, and you uncheck the Case Sensitive option. You can also change it directly on SQL Server.
  • Options
    Thats great thankyou. Our own SQL databases are created with a case-insensitive collation but whenever this one was created someone must have missed that option.

Thanks again
  • Options
    Another thing that just occurred to me... When you're using the classic client, you can make the filter case insensitive by adding the @ symbol at the start of the filter string. For instance the filter 'sales*' shows nothing in the forms area of the object designer, while the filter '@sales*' shows all forms that start with 'Sales' (note the upper case S in Sales). I don't know if that would work in webservices, but it's worth a shot.
  • Options
    cfletcher wrote:
    Thats great thankyou. Our own SQL databases are created with a case-insensitive collation but whenever this one was created someone must have missed that option.
    That's easy to miss, the default value is case sensitive. Did changing the collation solve your filtering problem?