Incorrect Shortcut Dimension in Porduction Order Components

manozmanoz Member Posts: 26
Hi, :)

In Item master we are attaching each item with dimension (short cut dimension 3) named 'Item Type' with values 'RM' and 'FG', with Value Posting=Same Code.

I create a new production order and enter all the required information in header and do a Refresh. If I open the production order components form, For item type, its showing 'FG' , instead of 'RM' as the value for item type of the components. #-o

Same problem is showing in Production Journal too, and it is not allowing to post because of incorrect dimensions.

How can we solve this issue?

Please help me.
8)
Regards
Manoj

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I seem to remember there is a setup somewhere saying copy dimension from master item, or that could be kitting.

Have a look at the code.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    My guess would be that if you looked at the refresh code it does nothing more than copy the dimension from the header into the lines. Dimension priorities will not help either as it is not a clash, I guess you would need to modify the code to achieve this, no setup to my knowledge for this.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • manozmanoz Member Posts: 26
    Thank you all.
    Either I have to change the existing code related to copying the dimensons, else I have to add some extra code just after the refresh action, for changing and validating the dimensions.
  • manozmanoz Member Posts: 26
    As I wrote the code to modify the dimensions just after refresh, it is working. But if the production order is created using order planning, it wont execute. This also I have to take care of.
    Thanks