Incorrect totals the first time a report is run

pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
NAV5SP1 – build 27191, SQL2005 SP3.

I have the strangest result EVER with a report in NAV!
It turns out that the first time I execute it, the calculated totals (from CREATETOTALS) are incorrect. After that it keeps doing it right. Each time I re-open the database the problem comes back, but only for the first run. I have tried it 30-40 times and it is always the same. The first time it seems to miss one of the first entries in the calculation, but after that it works like a charm.
It is an old homemade report that is going through some entry like records with a filter on a Journal No. field. It has been used for years in Native 3.70 without any problems, but now the problem suddenly appear after migrating to NAV5SP1-SQL. The problem doesn’t exist for all journals, so sometimes it gets it right the first time as well. The problem also disappear from the journal if I re-open the database and run it on one of the journals that isn’t causing problems. So it is not a question of having read the actual data before or not.
I’m currently trying to re-produce it in native or make the error appear as simple as possible in SQL before reporting it. But has anyone seen this kind of behavior before?
Regards
Peter

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I have not seen this, I think it's a bug in your report, that somehow the classic client did not show.

Do you by any chance have savevalues setting or anything enabled? and you are displaying the values on the request form?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n