Strange! Only part of Physical Inven Journal being posted

tankh008tankh008 Member Posts: 26
Hi All,

I wonder anyone here has experience the same strange issue that I encounter the other day. Client is using NAV4.0SP1. And when client post their physical inventory journal. Only part of the journal entries is being process and posted. Other entry remain until client run Adjust Cost - Item Entries batch job a week later. Can anyone figure out what cause this situation to happen? And how should I prevent it from happening? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Here is a complete guess, if the journal is really long, they may be applying a filter to the journal to make there entry or review easier. if they post the journal while the filter is applied only those items will be posted, but when the posting is complete. the filter gets removed and all of the sudden you see items in the journal, and wonder why didn't those post.

so that is my guess, we have used the physical inventory journals for seven locations for 10 years, starting with Navision 2, up through navision 4.0, and we have never had a problem, I believe the phyical inventory journal process is pretty stable. that is why I look toward user error. and I am an end-user so I don't go there automatically like a programmer typically does.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    tankh008 wrote:
    Only part of the journal entries is being process and posted. Other entry remain until client run Adjust Cost - Item Entries batch job a week later.

This part does not make sense. Adjust Cost and physical inventory journal posting are in 2 completely different areas and screens. Can you explain further what problem are you getting?
  • tankh008tankh008 Member Posts: 26
    According to the user, after they posted the phys journal, they will run the Adjust Cost- item entries batch job (in the system, automatic cost posting is uncheck). To be specific, user posted phys journal on 15/07/09, then run the batch job on the same day. I can see in the system that some adjustment entries has been posted in the system. Then they check G/L, etc and found that the figure is not correct one week later. So I suggest them to run the Adjust Cost -Item Entries batch job again on 22/07/09. And after the batch job run I again see some adjustment entries being created. So I check table 281, physical inventory ledger entry and found that the SAME physical journal batch has entry posted in two different date... Thus we draw the conclusion that only part of the physical inven journal was posted. Please help! Thanks.

BR
    Unless the developer modified this area, standard NAV does not post physical inventory journal when adjust cost is ran. It's 2 completely different processes.

I would place my bet with user entry error.
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Unless the developer modified this area, standard NAV does not post physical inventory journal when adjust cost is ran. It's 2 completely different processes.

I would place my bet with user entry error.

Yeah true but i will check this as well, as suggested by themave
    if they post the journal while the filter is applied only those items will be posted, but when the posting is complete. the filter gets removed and all of the sudden you see items in the journal, and wonder why didn't those post.
    Kapil Khanna
    The user stated that the journal was posted when the adjust cost process is ran. Out of the box, that doesn't happen.