Data (content) in other then english language

divyeshdivyesh Member Posts: 3
Hello,

I am a newbie in NAV, and have run into a situation where in my client needs NAV data to be in language where there are special characters.

For e.g., i want to add a description for an Item in Greek lanaguage as, 'Μόνο Ν' ΑΓΑΠΑΣ και Ν' ΑΓΑΠΙΕΣΑΙ'. But, when i try to do so, it does not take it properly, and replaces with some '?' symbols. If someone can help me out what could be the reason for this.

Let me tell you that i am using NAV 2009 Classic with SQL server as db. Have noted that Item tables, description field is having VARCHAR type, is that the problem?

Thanks

[ btw, 'Μόνο Ν' ΑΓΑΠΑΣ και Ν' ΑΓΑΠΙΕΣΑΙ' = Just LOVE and BE LOVED ]

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Search the forum for Ansi Ascii
    search.php
  • divyeshdivyesh Member Posts: 3
    Hi Harry,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

However, the link which you mentioned is helpful when we want to import/export data using ports. However, does not seems to be working in case when i want user to enter Greek characters in NAV, in fields like,
    Item Name,
    Item Description etc.

I am trying to enter some Greek characters like Φπρςστυφχψωϊϋόύώ, in text boxes. However, it does not work.

The one reason which i noted is, SQL db. , which takes text field as VARCHAR in SQL, for the table in question. When, i converted this field into NVARCHAR, it takes this Greek character as it is i.e. it works fine, when i pasted in the table field directly. Thus, for Greek characters it seems that it need NVARCHAR data type. But, NAV datastructure can not load having NVARCHAR data type.

Hence, i am looking for the solution, where in i can allow NAV users, to enter Greek character with in text boxes, without getting those characters getting converted to some junk characters.

Thanks
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I was thinking more like this post..It works for us..
    Savatage wrote:
    You can also try setting the registry..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage

Acp->1252
    oemcp->1252
    <restart>
    Seems to work well for us. It was brought up here:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25554

Have you tried Start->Run->Charmap->Find the char->Select->go to nav & try Paste.

One million thanks to you sir, changing the OEMCP to 1252 made it work - hopefully it won't break anything.

Thanks again