many new fields in sales header need to add

getegete Member Posts: 76
Hi folks,,

My client is asking many new fields in sales order that means in sales header Table .

that each field size is 150 characters, like this that he needs 20 fields.

if we start to add that fields , then it cross the record space ( nearly 4132 Kb).

My thing is the fields what client is asking mandataory for his business & all fields are new.

So how to solve this issue .

Throw some light on this.......................

Comments

• yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

I also got that error. Can you enable if user does not use field.
    Make Simple & Easy
  • getegete Member Posts: 76
    yukon wrote:

Can you enable if user does not use field.

Thanks Yukon,

I enable some fileds , still i dont have the space to add some more fields .
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    What's being stored in all these fields?

Perhaps there's a better solution if you ask or tell us what they are for.

Also, if they want them to transfer to the posted sales invoice or posted shippment - you'll have to add these fields their too. Re-think this solution of adding a ton of fields to perhaps creating a table to place whatever info this is - something like the sales order comments does.
  • getegete Member Posts: 76
    Savatage wrote:
    What's being stored in all these fields?

Perhaps there's a better solution if you ask or tell us what they are for.

Also, if they want them to transfer to the posted sales invoice or posted shippment - you'll have to add these fields their too. Re-think this solution of adding a ton of fields to perhaps creating a table to place whatever info this is - something like the sales order comments does.

Thanks Savatage,

Just it is printing purpose in sales order (need not to post to posted sales invoice) . generally Head office will created the sales order , after they complte that they will send it factory .

Each field has it's own importance .

we already checked sales comments functionality does not fit forthat .

so any ideas on this............
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    If i had to add this amount of fields, i'd put them in a new table. Also, i wouldn't just link it via the "No." field from the order, i'd add the document type, maybe with some extra document types ( like shipment etc. ). This way you are prepared for the future. Experience tells me the client might want the information copied to the posted shipment, invoices etc. later. Preparing for that NOW is just a small effort, and will pay itself out in the future.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    As stated above we both think a new table is the way to go here.
    The new table will contain your 20 or so fields and is expandable if needed later.
    You'll link it to the sales header - perhaps some command button called "Order Details" or whatever it's for.

This table can be easily added to any sales Heade report to print out the data as needed.