wat is auto split keys

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
can any one explain me in detail what is auto split keys,its other features and why it is incremented by 10,000????

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Sets whether a key is automatically created for a new record placed between the current record and the previous record.

Applies To
    Forms
    Pages

Property Value
    Yes if the key is automatically created for the new record; otherwise, No. The default value is No.

Remarks
    To set this property to a value of Yes, the following conditions must be met:

The current key must be the primary key.

The last field in the primary field must be an Integer Data Type, BigInteger Data Type, GUID Data Type, or Decimal Data Type field.

http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17182&hilit=10000
    http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34013&hilit=10000
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    go to form 42, properties, focus on autosplitkey, press F1 and you'll have all the necessary explanation :wink:
    ouch, i arrived second :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Autosplitkeys is a form property that automatically generates key values for primary keys that end with an integer type field. An example is on the sales order subform. This form is linked to the header table by the document type and document number, and the autosplitkey generates the line number automatically. The reason why they selected the number 10000 is because that way you can insert lines between two existing lines. So if you have line 10000 and line 20000, the autosplitkey will automatically generate line number 15000 when you insert a line between those lines.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    ah yeah third... I thought there was a board property that warns you when others have replied when you post something.
  • southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    :) thanking you all for spending your valuable time in replying...... thank you once again
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    DenSter wrote:
    ah yeah third... I thought there was a board property that warns you when others have replied when you post something.
    me, too...but it seems that it does not always appear...maybe if you have opened the page before the other user began to reply :-k ...anyway, back to my last day of work (leaving this evening 4 holidays :thumbsup: )
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog