multiple NAV version on one SQL Instance

lessilessi Member Posts: 33
Hi,

Perhaps it is a silly question, but i wonder if it is possible to have different NAV databases versions (standard NAV4, NAV5, NAV6) on one instance of SQL Server ?

Regards,

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    We run our development on a central server. This system uses SQL 2005 and currently host 91 databases ranging from 4.0 SP3 to NAV 2009.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    And I am doing the same (OK, not so many DB's) on my portable, but I also do have some non NAV-DB's at the same time.

I did/do that with SQL 2000, SQL 2005, SQL2008.

Some time ago, I had both SQL 2000 and SQL2005 on the same portable with each some NAV-DB's (Now I am using virtual machines to separated them and to shut them down if I don't need them). No problem whatsoever.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    One caveat: your license must be able to handle all of those versions. Licenses are stored in the Master database by default, and every Navision session will look at it when it opens. It looks like you are also doing this for development purposes (why else would anyone need multiple versions) so a partner license should be ale to do this.
  • lessilessi Member Posts: 33
    Thanks for all your answers, I thought that the dll xp_ndo* may cause some problems but it sounds like not.

Regards,