Req. Worksheet issue

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
Hi foks,

I have a reorder qty of 250 and a safety Stock Quantity of 400.

And and inventory qty of only 100. Dam we need to reorder a few of those items! Don't we?

Well, I run the Req. Worksheet and get.... nothing. :?

Oh my God, we're going to run out of stock to sell if the Req. Worksheet doesn't suggest replenishment! #-o

I use a Puchase replenishment system and a Reordering Policy of Maximum Qty.

What the heck is going on here??? :x
Navision Developer

Comments

• aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Hi everybody,

I found the error. And yes, it is an error of Navision. I'll share it with you. =D>

The solution comes from the guys at Plataan and is an actual workaroundhttp://plataan.typepad.com/microsoftdynamics/2008/06/requisition-wor.html.

Put the location code at the Manufacturing setup.

I've been looking at the codeunit and it does work only with SKU. If you don't use them, is simulates it. (not sure is a good way to work, honestly)
    Navision Developer
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It is not a workaround or an error.

If you are not using SKU's you have to tell the system base warehouse, and you do this in the components at location in the manufacturing setup. This is simply a setup requirement. Note the manufacturing setup is available even if you do not have the manufacturing granules.

Search the forum for "Components at Location" you will see how this is usually one of my first responses. :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Cheers maid! :P

I'm afraid though it keeps giving problems. Since I set up the setup it's ordering all it needs regardless of Max. Quantity. :|

I'ts good to know though :thumbsup:
    Navision Developer
    Well that will be either down to your settings, or depending upon the version the maximum quantity has always been problematic.
    "problematic"... glups :?

How can Navision not have that working correctly in 5SP1?????? :roll:

If anyone else is checking that out, I found the following fix in the support.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

Is a MS rollout fixing more than... 30! issues :whistle:
    Navision Developer
    In 3.7 there were over 100 "issues" with the Min/Max policy alone depending upon the processing, granules, setup, etc. Many of these were fixed for 4, and new ones written in, same onwards. I have not been with NAV for the past two years, but I would never use this policy unless it was a 100% fit for the business because of the constant issues with it, MS just do not seem to be able to get it right, but then again it is not my first point of call to assume the Min/Max is an issue, many of the "issues" have been due to the setups - so you will need to check all of these first, enduring you understand them.