dimension aportionment in NAVSION 2009

anishanish Member Posts: 4
hi all,

i need some help on this scenario.I have to apportion single posting into more than one dimension value.Illustration:
Suppose i have a sales invoice and i have a dimension Sales Respresnatives (namely Tom & Ben for example)
Now i have to apportion 20% of my value odf the invoice to Tom and 80% to Ben.Some times it might happen that this apportionment is to more than even two dimension values.

Basically i want to undersatnd that is apportionment in dimension values possible in NAV DX 2009 possible?

If not can anyone help me how to get this analytical information on my Sales Resp.There is no commission in my scenario its just i want to know how what % of my sale my sale representative are giving.

regards

anish kapoor

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I Did something similiar without changing the code.

Firstly you can not have the same dimension on the line or header without modification.

I had an organisation which had 5-10 sales people I created matching dimensions for each sales person and then created dimension values of 1-100% for the salesperson dimensions.

That way i could have multple dimension against a header or line. These lines had to be manually entered as the system won't know the percentage by any inbuilt functionality.
    Since these dimensions were lightly used the impact on performance was not visible.
  • anishanish Member Posts: 4
    hi jannestig

i appreciate your effort to reply on my scenario.but your solution needs lot of manual calculation.Is there any other way i can automate this analysis.I think Navsion lags in this a lot.
    APPORTIONMENT is very important , requisiste i belive.Can anyone please help me on my scenario.

regards
    anish kapoor
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Can you give a further explanation of how you calculate this percentage in the first place

You say you have a single portion to sell EG you might sell a package or large contracts etc

Is this based on the effort of each sales person or ?

To answer you outright no you can't apportion to the dimension in the way u want in the standard version.

You can't have more then 1 dimension value from the same dimension code and in this case if you put 1 sales person in the header and 1 in line you will get a posting error.

You will have to modify