Item By Location, Bin, Lot, Setrial

ravi_navisionravi_navision Member Posts: 102
Can you please tell..

Any report in base navision to track item by location, Bin, Lot, Serial and counts
~~ravi

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Item by Location is available in Form level but no standard report is available. You can also configure Inventory Analysis report to display the info.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • ravi_navisionravi_navision Member Posts: 102
    ssingla wrote:
    Item by Location is available in Form level but no standard report is available. You can also configure Inventory Analysis report to display the info.

Thanks for reply.
    Client using only BIN part out of warehouse module, not using picks and put aways. Item tracking is assigned to items. But Item Ledger table doesn’t have a BIN field to track Item By location, Bin, Serial....
    Just checking, is there any report (or) form shows Item By location, Bin, Serial? (or) Do we need to customize?
    ~~ravi
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Do we need to customize?

you have to do customization , to achieve what u are asking .
    reema
    reema wrote:
    Do we need to customize?

you have to do customization , to achieve what u are asking .

Yes reema! I don’t have much idea about warehouse module process; just searching for the answer is there any way to track item by location, Bin, serial No.? Finally understood there is no such way to track, so started reading the warehouse module pdf’s
    Before I complete those, can you answer …

1. Why there is no link between ILE and warehouse entry tables?
    2. Is system deletes the warehouse entries, when inventory of the item becomes zero?
    ~~ravi
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    2. Is system deletes the warehouse entries, when inventory of the item becomes zero?

1. Warehouse entry and Item Ledger Entry are linked. You can use document number, posting date combination. Further have a look on Source Type,Source Sub type.
    2. NO
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:

1. Warehouse entry and Item Ledger Entry are linked. You can use document number, posting date combination. Further have a look on Source Type,Source Sub type.
    2. NO

Thank you once again. Please clear my confusion
    Item Inventory is 0. Item tracking code is already assigned for this item. System showing Item transactions in ILE, but not in Warehouse Entry table (I checked by filtering Item number). What could be wrong?
    I started this thread, because I have been asked by one of the user to show a report: Item Inventory by Item/Location/BIN/Lot/Serial. But Still I confuse is it possible to show, if BIN Mandatory was activated and not setup to use warehouse Picks and Put-aways?
    ~~ravi
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Still I confuse is it possible to show, if BIN Mandatory was activated and not setup to use warehouse Picks and Put-aways?

Yes, u can use bins without using picks and put-aways.
    Kapil Khanna
    edited 2009-07-28
    Still I confuse is it possible to show, if BIN Mandatory was activated and not setup to use warehouse Picks and Put-aways?

<edit>
    ~~ravi

Yes, client using BIN’s without using Picks and Put-aways.
    My question was can we show a report, Item Inventory by Item/Location/BIN/Lot/Serial? If possible, please help me by elaborating little more
    ~~ravi
    U can use Warehouse Bin List. but u won't get serial and lot on this report.
    Kapil Khanna
    U can use Warehouse Bin List. but u won't get serial and lot on this report.

Yes, I checked that too. So, in this situation can you suggest me what needs to be done, if user wants that report?
    1.Warehouse Entry table already having serial No. Lot No. Fields. When system updates these fields?

Thank you!
    ~~ravi
    ssingla wrote:
    Warehouse entry and Item Ledger Entry are linked. You can use document number, posting date combination. Further have a look on Source Type,Source Sub type.
    ssingla wrote:
    In this situation use Sandeep's suggestion to create ur own report.

When it gets in ?? (as per ur case as u r using only bins and lot tracking not put-aways etc).Process wise at the time of receipts and shipments.I think u can monitor the code using code coverage must be somewhere in CU 22, 6500 or 6501.
    Kapil Khanna
    As suggested, I customized a report by matching ILE.”Document No.” = WH.”Reference No.”, working fine, but I get into trouble when user performs only BIN to BIN transfers through Item Reclassification journal, where system not updating ILE’s
    ~~ravi