Customer Sales Order Template

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Hi Everybody,

Is it possible to create a template for a Sales Order for each customer in which the past items purchased and quantities are inserted?

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Not a template as standard but you can copy from previous orders.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    I want something more detailed than the copy functionality which reflects some sort of customer history.
    Then you will need to specify and modify :D
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Think everyone has forgotten a function in nav

Look at customer > sales > std cust sales code

This gives you 1 >x standard templates where you can specify items and qty. It is not based on any history but perfectly suits a standing order type scenario

you create a sales order and use function get sales code

You can do your own analysis to generate most liekly codes for an order as every order is like to vary by some percentage so developing a history based guess mechanism is probably not worth it

give it a look
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Not exactly what you are looking for, but you could also use the blanket order feature to create you recurring orders. that is what it is for. You have to create the blank order though, there is nothing that magically does it based on history. thought you could use the copy document to copy in the past orders just to get the blanket order started
    jannestig wrote:
    Think everyone has forgotten a function in nav

Look at customer > sales > std cust sales code

This gives you 1 >x standard templates where you can specify items and qty. It is not based on any history but perfectly suits a standing order type scenario

you create a sales order and use function get sales code

You can do your own analysis to generate most liekly codes for an order as every order is like to vary by some percentage so developing a history based guess mechanism is probably not worth it

give it a look

Yep I really should remember that one, trouble is never implemented in a site needing it - oh well still should remember - thanks for the reminder :oops:
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    No probs i made a boob of myself with a tax issue the other day by davet :)
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Hi,

That's what I have been looking for. Thanks alot. By any chance have you got any idea whether this functionality is available on the Dynamics NAV Mobile.