PDFCreator custom controls

ib000904ib000904 Member Posts: 19
I recently stumbled across this PDFCreator and wanted it to create PDF files directly from within Navision (3.7). So i downloaded the latest version (0.9.8) and tried to install it. I got stuck at custom controls in Navision. What to look for?

We use a Terminal Server, a File/Print server and a Navision Application Server (all physical machines)
1) On which server should the PDF creator actually be installed, to get the custom controls visible in Navision
2) Which custom control to look for in Navision? According to earlier messages one should be able to see a
pdfcreator.ocx or -.dll, but the only ones i can see in the c:\program files\pdfcreator subdir's are itextsharp.dll, pdfforge.dll and gsdll32.dll.

Could someone please answer these messages for me? I'm totally stuck now. Got this pdfcreator, but can't do anything with it in Navision uptill now.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    please use search and read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18331&hilit=PDF+creator+bullzip
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • ib000904ib000904 Member Posts: 19
    These sort of answers really drive me crazy. Yes I've read those previous posts hundreds of times, over and over again, but they don't contain the answers to my questions.

Can noone just answer my questions instead of referring to a mail in which i can read that i just have to "install pdfcreator and everything will be fine"?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    sorry that my message drove you crazy.
    I see a lot of post of people who don't search and just post a question without asking.
    If you had posted, something like, I've read this thread and still have question, I would have answered differently.

1) On which server should the PDF creator actually be installed, to get the custom controls visible in Navision
    It needs to be installed in each computer where Navision will print to PDF.
    2) Which custom control to look for in Navision? According to earlier messages one should be able to see a
    pdfcreator.ocx or -.dll, but the only ones i can see in the c:\program files\pdfcreator subdir's are itextsharp.dll, pdfforge.dll and gsdll32.dll.
    I've started using bullzip, so I can't lookup. But it is an automation and the name is PDFCreator.
    You will see it after you install pdfcreator.
    There is another thread that pdfcreator installs an adware. Make sure you read the thread and how to remove this adware before installing PDFCreator.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • PeterDPeterD Member Posts: 66
    I'm not sure what you mean with custom controls. But to find PDFCreator in Navision you have to create a variable of DataType Automation and then use the assist edit to select a Subtype. In the lookup of Automation Server you should find PDFCreator.
  • ib000904ib000904 Member Posts: 19
    Appreciate it. That does ring a bell. Got it now.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ib000904 wrote:
    These sort of answers really drive me crazy. Yes I've read those previous posts hundreds of times, over and over again, but they don't contain the answers to my questions.

Can noone just answer my questions instead of referring to a mail in which i can read that i just have to "install pdfcreator and everything will be fine"?

I followed the steps in Rashed's post and installed on Terminal Server and it works perfectly. So I really think that if you follow the thread you will get it working. He's not getting paid to do this, and he legitimately wanted to help you and headed you in the right direction.

There are a lot of issues with PDFCreator and various versions, but those are also addressed on MiBuSo many times.
    David Singleton