Cheque Printing

nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
Dear all,

For one of our client we are using Navision 4.0 sp3. I have query for cheque printing.

Would it be possible to create a check ledger entry and print a check which has 2 lines of Account Type as
G/L Account and one line as Bank Account. i.e. I am debiting 2 expense accounts and credit my bank account where i give bank payment type as "Computer Check"?

If not, can we do some customization for this?

Please help me on this. ](*,)

Regards
Navision Developer

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I don't understand :-k
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If you are doing in IN localization then this practice should be avoided. You should book the bill to the vendor thru Purchase invoice using n number of G/L accounts and then pay the vendor using single line in Bank Payment voucher.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
    I agree with your statement.
    However in some situations it is not practicable e.g. COD material in which e.g. DD is to be given and in such case DD charges are payable then the entry will be
    Vendor Dr
    Bank chg Dr
    Cr Bank A/c or in case of employee related payment
    say e.g. LTA ddr
    Medical Dr
    Cr Bank A/c

Nav does not provide for multiple entries through Bank payment module. but it's a practicle difficulty.

If at all it is necessary then u can customise through using Payment journal since its accepts multiple entries dr/cr effect and then link it to chq printing (of course another menu exclusively for chq printing)

It is obiviously possible.

Thanx
    Pash
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    pashya1972 wrote:
    I agree with your statement.
    However in some situations it is not practicable e.g. COD material in which e.g. DD is to be given and in such case DD charges are payable then the entry will be
    Vendor Dr
    Bank chg Dr
    Cr Bank A/c or in case of employee related payment
    say e.g. LTA ddr
    Medical Dr
    Cr Bank A/c

Nav does not provide for multiple entries through Bank payment module. but it's a practicle difficulty.

If at all it is necessary then u can customise through using Payment journal since its accepts multiple entries dr/cr effect and then link it to chq printing (of course another menu exclusively for chq printing)

It is obiviously possible.

Thanx
    Pash

You need to understand the concept that NAV IN has build. It requires discipline with client's staff and somebody to suggest/explain different entries to them. As you said for Employee related entry the solution will be as follow : Pass a JV debiting expense head and crediting employee/salary payable account and then pay through Bank payment voucher.

I strongly discourage booking in expense head by cashiers. The authority should life with a accountant who is more likely to post correct transaction.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in