One Purchase Invoice to Two(2) Vendors

niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
Hello Experts,
I am using Microsoft Navision 4 SP2
How can I handle the cost of a purchase item where for instance FOB is from Vendor 1 and Hanling Charges is from Vendor 2 in such a way the total cost will add up to the Average Cost(LCY) on the Item Card.

In short is it possible to post to two(2) vendors from one Purchase invoice

Thanks

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    In short...no :D

If you want to include the handling charge as part of the item cost you should do an Item Charge line for the 2nd vendor and apply it to the item.

If you don't have item charges you could revalue the item and bill the handling to a G/L Account. Although revaluing something to a higher cost goes against GAAP I think.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Purchase the items as normal form vendor one and then create a second iinvoice to the carrier vendor and use Charge items.
    David Singleton
  • niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
    Thank you.

But what do u mean by "do an Item Charge line for the 2nd vendor and apply it to the item.".

This will definitely add to the valued cost of the item but the 1st Vendor will be credited with the amount and not the 2nd vendor.

Thank you again
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You need to look at item charges :D

The second vendor is where the liability is, it is the item itself with an increased cost, nothing to do with the first vendor.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • SumitSumit Member Posts: 58
    niimodin wrote:
    Thank you.

But what do u mean by "do an Item Charge line for the 2nd vendor and apply it to the item.".

This will definitely add to the valued cost of the item but the 1st Vendor will be credited with the amount and not the 2nd vendor.

Thank you again

1. Create an invoice for 2nd Vendor with only charge (item) line.
    2. for that LINE create Item charge Assignment.
    3. In Item Charge Assignment (Purch) Get the receipt lines.
    My friend is "Search the Forum"