inadvertent page breaks

mb@btlmb@btl Member Posts: 14
edited 2004-10-13 in Navision Financials
Hi everyone,

I am the navison Keyuser in our company. We installed our database in 1999 and so I have a couple of experience with the system. But there ist something that makes me really crazy:

Our reports for offers and orders have really a lot of sections. This is right and important, because we would like to have much options for printing so that we can have the "best looking offers and orders" for our customers. But there are to much page-breaks. All the sections have the property "keep with next" = NO. But that makes not the effect to avoid page breaks. The system prints half a page and the rest on a new page which is komplete printed. And I can´t find a rule for this results.

I know that NAVISON prepares space for each section independently whether the section is to be printed.

Does anyone have an idea to prevent the f... page breaks? :evil:

Comments

• PaLPiTaTioNPaLPiTaTioN Member Posts: 55
    I've got the very same problem here and it's driving me crazy as well. Please does anybody know?
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I would suggest that you use several Integer dataitems with one body section each. And that you use CurrReport.BREAK; in the dataitem to prevent a section from being printed, instead of CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(FALSE); in the section trigger.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)