Conver Nav reports ( 5.0) to excel

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi,

Can anybody tell how the method toconverNAV reports to Excel.

I tried saving the reporting in HTML and editng with Excel. But when i do that the alignment goes. I am looking for some other better option?

Thanks
PpP

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    There are many ways, depending on what version of Navision you have.

In many cases, the simplest is just to create the output as a standard Navision Form, and use the Export to excel function. If you are on RTC you can simply use SSRS to generate to Excel. You can create an automation and generate the Excel yourself.

But in general my preference is to use the Excel buffer. Look at the export accounts schedule report to excel for an example. It takes a bit of learning the first time, but after than it takes a very short time to convert existing reports.
    David Singleton
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    Well, infact I am looking for those reports already develped in navision ( Standard reports). Not for the new reports.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Those methods work for all reports.
    David Singleton
    Those methods work for all reports.

Well thanks for the info. Let me try :idea:
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    PPP wrote:
    This download can be useful: Print2Excel v1.1.3
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    PPP wrote:
    This download can be useful: Print2Excel v1.1.3

Hi thanks for providing me the info. I tried downloading the evaluation version. But when export the HTML into the Excel file, the entire alignment goes off! :-k
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    With Print2Excel you don't have to export the report to HTML. You print the NAV report directory to the Excel virtual printer.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    With Print2Excel you don't have to export the report to HTML. You print the NAV report directory to the Excel virtual printer.

I tried directly from the print view. Still the alignments are not proper!

Thanks