What is this table [mycompany$SynchMgt. Message Queue]

lombielombie Member Posts: 15
Hi,

We are looking at migrating from NAV 4.0 to NAV2009 and we are doing some space analysis.

The table [mycompany$SynchMgt. Message Queue] has 260 milion rows in it and uses 13GB of space in MSSQL. This is 10% of our total database size. It looks like some sort of an audit table. My questions are where:
Where is this used and what is its purpose?
Is there a data purge procedure?

Thanks

Charles

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    From the Help (Table -> Run ->HELP Button:
    SynchMgt. Message Queue Table
    List of Fields in the Table

When you make a change in one of the Synchronized Tables, an outgoing message is created in the Synch. Message Queue table. This message will be sent to the Web portal. When a message has been sent, it is removed from the Synch. Message Queue table.

Follow there also the Links.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • lombielombie Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the reply. I also have investigated further and have found that while we we licenced for Commerce Portal we were not using it. Removing the entry in [Web Site] table stopped further entries from going into this table. I will delete the entries in [SynchMgt. Message Queue] prior to our upgrade process starting.

Thanks

Charles
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if you have licenced the Commerce Portal, but you doesn't need it, let it remove from your license, so the license updatecosts are not "so" high.
    Do you make it right, it works too!