Intrastat Supplementary Units

matpodmatpod Member Posts: 16
I have a requirement to report Supplementary Units on Intrastat declarations.

NAV has a boolean field on the Tarrif Number table to denote which commodity codes require the supplementary units but I cannot see how NAV uses this field in its reporting.

Before I make any changes to the code, can anyone advise if I am missing something, or if this Supplementary Units fields actually does nothing other than mark the requirement?

Many thanks,

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Have a look at the make diskette functionality with reference to the supplementary items. The term is just for additional reporting requirements on the declaration, and therefore if anything were to alter it would be at the declaration stage. You also need to know what the term means from a HRMC reporting requirement, which I cannot off the top of my head!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • matpodmatpod Member Posts: 16
    Thanks Adam,

However the make diskette procedure just runs the command FORMAT(Quantity) when it finds Supplementary Units = TRUE.

This doesn't actually define what the units are, or what the quantity of the supplementary units is.

My thinking is that NAV didn't bother to implement a full system for this part of intrastat returns as it is only applicable to a small subset of products.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So what is the legal requirement when the commodity code requires supplementary items.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen