Options

Changing VAT Amount On F9 Statistics Window

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

When the user overrides the calculated total VAT on an invoice/credit using the F9 statistics screen, this manual VAT amount must be stored somewhere as you can exit the invoice and recall it later. However I cannot see where this manual amount is stored - there doesn't appear to be a field in the Sales Header table. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I need to be able to update the VAT amount through code as I'm importing sales invoices from another ERP system which of course may have calculated the VAT differently to NAV.

Thanks

Jonathan

Answers

• Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Hi Jonathan,

In answer there is not storage for this but rather a temporary table see below. If you are importing invoices you should probably let navision calculate the appropriate tax via validation once the data is entered

VAT Amount Line Table
    List of Fields in the Table

The program uses this table to provide VAT specification on statistics windows and on printed documents.

The program summarizes all sales or purchase lines with the same VAT identifier and VAT calculation type in orders, invoices and credit memos and presents the totals in the VAT Amount Line table. For the US sales tax the statistics windows can be modified to show a tax specification line for each Tax Group Code instead of for each VAT identifier.

Note that the totals are not actually stored in this table. The data only exist temporarily.

You can modify a VAT amount line before the original sales or purchase lines are posted.
  • Options
    DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Jannestig,
    jannestig wrote:
    Hi Jonathan,
    In answer there is not storage for this but rather a temporary table see below.
    .......The data only exist temporarily.

I have to disagree - the amendment is stored at line level using the "VAT Difference" variable.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    edited 2009-07-21
    Dave Is right i didn't look at the fields correctly :(
  • Options
    DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Jannestig,

The VAT difference is held on the sales/purchase line table and is held against the first line of the Vat Product Posting Group. As I read it, Jonathan needs to populate this field if he is importing an invoice and the invoice has a VAT difference so the VAT difference is what he needs.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Options
    Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi guys,

Many thanks for the replies, that gives me the info I need.

Jonathan