Business Analytics in NAV 2009 - ERR:In running configurator

bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
Dear Friends kindly clarify the doubt below,

I am trying to generate reports through Business Analytics. I have created cubes and configured the table relations,dimensions,measures and functions. While running the configurator, the configurator is succesffully run and the cube gets created in the sql server visual studio (Analysis Services).
Now to generate the reports for the newly created cubes i have to import the license to the configurator option so i double click the configurator.exe and configurator checks for ADVANCE SERVER . The configurator throws the error BA advance has wrong version, and the configurator does not proceed further.Kindly clarify why such an error message is pulled by the system and i have done the following to the enable BA.
1. I am using the database server for BA database
2. I have installed NAV 2009 classic in client
3. I have Installed SQL server with analysis and integration service options in client
4. I have Installed NODBC in NAV 2009 in the client( in the same pc where analysis & integration services are installed)
5. I have installed the advance BA for NAV 2009 (BA suite & BA NET).

When i run the configurator,the configurator while checking advance server option it pulls the error message the BA Advance has wrong version ie, the BA advance i have installed is NAV 2009 & classic client is also NAV 2009), can any one able to explain why the configurator pulls this error & where does my process needs correction.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
B.Durgalakshmi

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
    Hi Friends,
    Can any one kindly explain me the pre-requisites and steps to install the business analytics in nav 2009 or nav 5.0 with sql option in a stand alone enviornment.

Thanks & regards,
    durga
  • psmelypsmely Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I have similar problem with configurator.exe. We finished upgrade from older version of BA advanced to BA 2009. When I run configurator.exe from windows explorer (to import license), it shows "check for advanced server" action and stops after couple of secs. There is .NET runtime error in event log (event id 5000, "system.typeinitialization" description in P9). Result is that I am not able login with BA client because of "license invalid" error (the same is in event log when ANTserver starting).

Any opinion?

Rgds, Petr
  • LijncoLijnco Member Posts: 22
    rename your license to cronus.flf
    Rerun configurator .exe
    and point to that license

that should work