Original amount , amount field in customer ledgerentry.

austinaustin Member Posts: 191
hi,

What is difference between Original amount field, amount field in customer ledgerentry.

i posted the Invoices in foreign currency , local currencies, but i could not find any difference.

Plezse throw some vaulable suggestions.

thanks and regards

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Post some partial payment and apply to your ledger entry (precisely apply payment to invoice which created investigated ledger entry).

You will see the difference.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if you open the Customer Ledger Entries Form and place the courser on field Original Amt. (LCY) and press then F1 you will see that a help window is opend and there are all explained.

in the OnlineHelp is so many documented, you need only to press F1 or the HELP button ;-)

regards.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    garak wrote:
    if you open the Customer Ledger Entries Form and place the courser on field Original Amt. (LCY) and press then F1 you will see that a help window is opend and there are all explained.

in the OnlineHelp is so many documented, you need only to press F1 or the HELP button ;-)

regards.

Dont throw answers without stuff. :-$

In customer ledger entry Table :

Field No - Field name

13 - Amount
    75 - Original amount

what iam asking about these fields, these fields are getting the same value when we do sales invoices in Foreign , LCY.

what you are saying about the field : 15 - Original Amount (LCY)
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    austin wrote:
    garak wrote:

regards.

Dont throw answers without stuff. :-$

DON'T YOU DARE TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO SOMEBODY WHO IS HELPING YOU [-X .

Garak is absolutely right in suggesting you to read the help and understand the field suggested in the help because they clarify everything you need, but you need to understand it.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    ssingla wrote:

Garak is absolutely right in suggesting you to read the help and understand the field suggested in the help because they clarify everything you need, but you need to understand it.

Thanks.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    garak wrote:
    ssingla wrote:

Thanks.

It is not the question that we support each other but the people to recognize that we are helping them for real and for free.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    ssingla wrote:
    we are helping them for real and for free.

I agree Sandeep, you are really doing great help for free.

But try to understand why will we throw this to forums, because the help is not useful which is provided by Microsoft .

That's y experts will help to exaplain about that field.

From help for the field : Original Amount Field
    The Vendor Ledger Entry Table

This field contains the amount of the original entry. The amount is shown in the currency of the original transaction.

The Amount field is a FlowField and contains the total of the Amount fields in the Detailed Vendor Ledg. Entry

Amount Field

This field contains the amount of the entry. The amount is shown in the currency of the original transaction.

The Amount field is a FlowField and contains the total of the Amount fields in the Detailed Vendor Ledg. Entry.

here both fields has same meaning.

so Experts should understand about this help isssue also.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    austin wrote:
    I agree Sandeep, you are really doing great help for free.

But try to understand why will we throw this to forums, because the help is not useful which is provided by Microsoft..
    Hi,

I'm pretty sure that ssingla knows how miserable product help is, and understands why people ask for help here.

His point was that you should probably answer "Thanks garak, I've already seen this help but I need little more explanation", instead of what you wrote. Just be polite and that's it.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    austin wrote:
    From help for the field : Original Amount Field

This field contains the amount of the original entry. The amount is shown in the currency of the original transaction.

The Amount field is a FlowField and contains the total of the Amount fields in the Detailed Vendor Ledg. Entry

Can you write the full help text. I will do it for you :

The Amount field is a FlowField and contains the total of the Amount fields in the Detailed Vendor Ledg. Entry with the option Initial Entry in the Entry Type field.

The difference is Initial Entry that means it will have no impact of the currency adjustments.
    CA Sandeep Singla