Options

Excise credit memo

manas123manas123 Member Posts: 33
In one Dom.Invoice in which Excise duty is not applicable , user has charged the excise duty. The material has been received by the customer (which is 100% EOU unit).

If I want to only reverse the excise duty how i can revese in Nav?.
Effect should be reduction in Excise duty payable (just like copy document).
Pls note i can not reverse the entire sale invoice and raise fresh invoice since the event is prior to 7-8 days.

Manas

Comments

• Options
    reemareema Member Posts: 255
    manas123 wrote:
    In one Dom.Invoice in which Excise duty is not applicable , user has charged the excise duty.

That means Invoice amount = Line amount + Excise amount

Let's take Line amount = 1000
    Excise amount = 100
    when u posted the invoice customer ledger entry updated with 1100.

manas123 wrote:
    Pls note i can not reverse the entire sale invoice and raise fresh invoice .

Except the credit memo concept to reverse the sales invoice , there is no another solution.
    reema
  • Options
    Thanks for reply however my issue is i want only to reverse excise and not the line amount

e,.g Line amount Rs.1000
    Excise 824

Now since the customer is EOU and there is no Ex.Duty payable on Sales invoice to the customer, I would like to revesre only Rs. 824/-

Manas
  • Options
    reemareema Member Posts: 255
    manas123 wrote:

e,.g Line amount Rs.1000
    Excise 824

I would like to revesre only Rs. 824/-

Manas

when you post the invoice customer ledger entry updated with 1824 or 1000 ?
    reema
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    reema wrote:
    manas123 wrote:

e,.g Line amount Rs.1000
    Excise 824

I would like to revesre only Rs. 824/-

Manas

when you post the invoice customer ledger entry updated with 1824 or 1000 ?

What you are looking is incomplete solution. Can we have some details what was the original document posted and send to the customer?
    If it involves excise duty than you need to reverse the complete transaction and post a new transaction.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    Yes I agree. Given below are the details.

inv date > 10th july 09
    Line amount 1000
    Ex.duty 824
    Inv amt 1824

Posting is done based on the above.
    Now being the customer is EOU unit no excise duty was leviable/required to be charged.
    But the user has posted it throguh oversight by selecting a wrong structure and excise prod.posting.

Now the material has been inwarded by the customer against this invoice number but he will make payment of only line amount i.e. Rs.1000

Hence, I need to reverse only excise duty component in NAV so that while settlement excise duty in the current month i should settle less by Rs.824.

Since there will be no item, no base amount how to reverse this excise duty.
    Even I cant cancell this invoice by passing Credit memo considering the date of invoice.
    This being practical situation I dont know how to handle and seek for experts view.

Manas