Options

prepayment amount from customer

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi experts,

Prepayment processor according to manual :

Create a sales order with a prepayment requirement.

2. Send a prepayment invoice for the prepayment amount to the

customer.

3. The customer pays the prepayment amount.

4. Apply the prepayment amount to the sales order.

5. Ship the order to the customer.

6. Create a sales invoice for the total amount of the sales order minus the prepayment amount.

7. Receive payment from the customer and post the payment to the sales order.

i could not understand that 6 th statement.

for eample i total sales order amount = 1000 LCY , i received as prepayment = 500 LCY, still he has to pay = 500 LCY

how to enter that amount 500 lcy , where i need to enter that amount.

please throw some information on this
hansika

Comments

• Options
    kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Look there are two ways in Sales & receivables setup u have boo lean check prepayment, system's process and posting depends on this. If u don't check this boolean then u will be posting a prepayment invoice e.g. 50 % of 4000 i.e. 2000 system will allow u to post rest of the amount without payment.

If u check that boolean then for an invoice of 4000 if u have mentioned 50% as prepayment then as process u will first create a prepayment invoice and now when u will try to post the invoice completely system wil throw error it will ask u to make a payment against that 50% i.e. once u do that , after ur complete invoicing ur customer balance will be 2000.

In any case u r never supposed to enter that amoutn to calculate the % field is given on header.

reply Copied from kapil4navision's account at Dynamics User. net . :mrgreen:
    Kapil Khanna
  • Options
    hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    Thanks Kapil,

I place acheck mark In sales & receivable setup.

I created a sles order , amount = 1000 LCy . on 01/05/05

I need prepayment advance = 500 LCy now i posted prepayment invoice . so customer ledger entries created.

On 05/05/05/ I received payment from customer , that amount = 500 LCY.

one 06/05/05 , i need to ship the material so when i try to click the post button system throws one error.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    There are unpaid Prepayment Invoices related to Order 1009.
    OK

Even enter the fields Applies to Doc Type , Applies to DOc No. in sales order - Invoiceing Tab .

why still system throws this error.

Please let me know.
    hansika