Upgradation of Navision

sri.tech23sri.tech23 Member Posts: 41
Can Anyone please let me know the steps involved in the upgradation of Navision Version(both technical and functional). Is there a standard we need to follow to avoid difficulties in the implementation after upgradation. Please provide a link where i can get more info about the same...

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Take a look to the upgrade Toolkit (you can find it on Partner Source) and the Objects / manuels there.
    And i'm sure you need the indian objects if the local indian version is different to the W1 version.

Also read it carefully if you migrate from native to sql (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30050).

If you are a beginner in NAV and there are many custom. objects in your database, ask a senior navdeveloper to help you.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • sri.tech23sri.tech23 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks garak... i have done a few upgradations. but the problem is the partner i'm working with does not use the upgrade toolkit, instaed we use tool like compare it to compare objects and then take the customisatio ot the new object. So iam unaware as to which is the better method, the compare it or the toolkit. i would like to use the toolkit, but i can only owrk on what my seniors tell me.

also i have another question, is there a toolkit for each version or is it a standard tool which we can use for all version upgrade. please gimme the link for the toolkit if u have, if there is a specific toolkit for each version.

thanks in advance....
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    sri.tech23 wrote:
    Thanks garak... i have done a few upgradations. but the problem is the partner i'm working with does not use the upgrade toolkit, instaed we use tool like compare it to compare objects and then take the customisatio ot the new object. So iam unaware as to which is the better method, the compare it or the toolkit. i would like to use the toolkit, but i can only owrk on what my seniors tell me.

also i have another question, is there a toolkit for each version or is it a standard tool which we can use for all version upgrade. please gimme the link for the toolkit if u have, if there is a specific toolkit for each version.

thanks in advance....

Hi Sri.
    toolkit is much safer and faster than other.
    Now or Never
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    Hi Sri,
    I really doubt the success of the upgrade project without using UpgradeToolkit. Upgrade Toolkit is version specific and you can get it from partnersource.
    Instead of using CompareIT or similar compare tool, better you use MergeTool from www.mergetool.com, that will make your life easy.

Regards,
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    sri.tech23 wrote:

thanks in advance....

You still needs to use compare tools to make the target objects. Upgrade toolkit is mainly about upgrading the data...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.