Report 111-Top 10 Customer List

Shaz73Shaz73 Member Posts: 16
I want to modify report 111 to show top 10 customers for a particular branch and departments if the filter is added on the request form. We have branches and departments as GL dim 1 and GL dim 2 and this info is available on cust. ledger table.

I tried adding a data item (cust. ledger) and linked it with customer table.When I tried to run the report with my filters it just kept sorting. Nothing comes out.
Can someone help me.

We are using Nav 5.0 ser 1.

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Shaz73,

The standard report should work for this - just set Global Dimension 1 Filter and Global Dimension 2 Filter on the Customer as these are taking into account in the "Sales (LCY)" and "Balance (LCY)" flowfields
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • Shaz73Shaz73 Member Posts: 16
    Dave,
    That was the first thing I tried but unfortunately I do not get any data in that case. We actually don't have these two dimensions filled on customer table. Customers are not assigned to any branch or department. These dimensions only get filled in at the time of posting to customer ledger and gl entries tables.

Shaz
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    There is quite a few more reports you could use then just this one.

Report 119 Would allow you to filter for customer who have an amount > x LCY

You can also use analysis by dimensions if you want
  • Shaz73Shaz73 Member Posts: 16
    Hello Janestig,
    Thank you for responding. I have looked at report 119 and you are correct that it factors in the cust. legder entries but my objective is to get the data output in the format of report 111 which shows you only top 10 customers in desceding dollars. I can get that data from other sources but I need to automate a process so the end user can run it at their will for any period of time for any department or branch.

Any other ideas.

Shaz
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Shaz73 wrote:
    Dave,
    That was the first thing I tried but unfortunately I do not get any data in that case. We actually don't have these two dimensions filled on customer table. Customers are not assigned to any branch or department. These dimensions only get filled in at the time of posting to customer ledger and gl entries tables.

Shaz

There fields aren’t stored in customer table their only purpose is to filter by global dimensions. In your case you those filter to show amount posted to a single branch.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/