Options

Error after upgrading to windows 2003

mavmav Member Posts: 7
edited 2006-01-09 in Navision Financials
We recently upgraded to windows 2003 enterprise server.

Most other services start fine but 1 service does not want to start and we get an error code 1 invalid function when starting it.

We uninstalled the service and reinstalled it. Still wont work. Then seen post on memory size and adjusted memory size and still getting error.

Anyone help !!???

Comments

• Options
    facadefacade Member Posts: 57
    And the service is?
  • Options
    mavmav Member Posts: 7
    It is one out of database services. I think we figured it out with the memory issue.

unless there is something else.

Thanks
  • Options
    Ian_piddigntonIan_piddignton Member Posts: 92
    You also need to make sure that your other settings are correct, especially the database file path. I have seen error 1 come up before when the path is not correct.
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    I just encountered this same error.

The company I work for has just installed the latest patch for the latest security hole found (912840: Vulnerability in Graphics Rendering Engine), and after restarting the server we got the same error. I did a little checking, and the Navision Database service didn't want to start with the same amount of Cache installed. I ended up reducing the size of the cache to make the service come back up. I doubt the patch was specficially the cause, but I'm sure something the patch did caused the memory profile on the server to change and resulted in our error.

(Version 3.60 executibles on a Windows 2000 server)
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Options
    JulianHarperJulianHarper Member Posts: 63
    I had the same problem running a 2.60E database on Windows 2003, after installing SP1 I needed to reduce the cache size to get it to run.
    Julian Harper
    IT Manager
    Laytons Wine Merchants Ltd